Search This Blog

Post Office: Recycling Illegal?


In an effort to recycle, Kevin and I try to always reuse shipping boxes when we need to mail something, we even cut them open and invert them so they are inside out. Apparently we'd better be careful because reusing priority or express mail boxes is ILLEGAL! Yep, you read correctly, even turning them inside out so the box is unmarked is illegal.

This has made headlines and I came across the article this morning and knew I had to share. The post office wants to make more money by having you ship something priority or express (and the boxes are free mind you so it makes little sense to me) so they are making it a policy that you can't resuse these boxes? Something is not adding up to me either...

(Image:images.jupiterimages.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really?! I've re-used them with no problem - but the guy at my post office is awesome and always tries to help me out (I mail a lot of packages)

Anonymous said...

With the postal service, not all post offices act the same way. Recycle or reuse those boxes.

Nice blog.

http://planettrash.wordpress.com

Lindsay said...

I will continue reusing boxes for sure too, I'll just not use priority or express boxes!