Search This Blog

Earth Day 22 #3: Eco-Denim Dream


Choosing jeans are a never ending battle for me, I wear my favorite pair until they are virtually in shreds. Then I lament that I hate shopping for them.

Jeans are a staple in most wardrobes so shopping for them is a must, shopping for earth friendly jeans is now a choice, and a great one in my opinion.

After reading about the horrible things cotton does to the environment when not farmed organically I made the decision to seek out eco-friendly denim. I couldn’t have picked a better time to start my search. Levi’s began hocking eco-friendly jeans in 2006 and are going strong with a beautiful and sexy line of jeans for both men and women. I recently picked up a pair for myself of the high-waisted dark wash skinny jeans for $78, not bad in a world where jeans somehow are going for $200+ as an average.

All Levi’s Eco Denim is made from 100% organic cotton, and to top that, they use recycled buttons, rivets and zippers. All external packaging (bags and price tags I am assuming) is made from organic fabric or recycled paper and printed with soy based ink. Extra brownie points for that one!

The line is wonderful with offerings for men and women, ranging in price from $68-195and including jeans, skirts and jackets. My fingers are crossed this is a permanent installment to their collection that will grow and grow. Check out their site: www.levisstore.com.

(Image Levi's Tab: www.kuyichi.com)
(Image: levi.imageg.net)

No comments: