So you've got days of Hanukkah left and Christmas just a few days away and you're still not done with your shopping? Here are some easy to find, eco-friendly choices for great gifts this year for just about everyone on your list.
1. Burt's Bees products, they are available at most drugstores these days and are totally affordable. My favorite products include Beeswax Lip Balm, Naturally Nourishing Milk & Shea Butter Bodywash and Hand Salve for super dry skin.
2. Whole Foods Gift Cards -because even though it's often called "whole paycheck" it's nice to splurge on healthy, organic goods every now and then.
3. A Bag of Fair Trade coffee beans, you can find these at your local cafes, supermarkets and specialty shops. Totally worth it. (See earlier articles about why Fair Trade is the way to go by typing Fair Trade into the search this blog box on the left)
4. Homemade Organic Cookies, it's not too late to whip up a batch of cookies using the best organic ingredients, there are tons of recipes online. Check out these great recipe sites for some ideas: Epicurious, All Recipes and Cooking Light. Gift them in reused tins, jars, recycled paper bags or other unique, thoughtful and eco-friendly ways!
5. Drugstore shopping, pick up all anyone needs and put together in a reusable canvas tote or basket. Include Tom's of Maine toothpaste, Eco Tools makeup brushes (can be found in most drugstores), yummy and health snacks Clif & Luna bars, Kiss My Face handsoaps in a variety of scents and finally score a copy of Plenty or Natural Health Magazine and turn them onto something.
6. itunes gift cards- give music this year without the waste of CD packaging, plus itunes offers the code up so you can email it to those far away saving on paper and mailing costs (not to mention fuel for the mail trucks)