Search This Blog

Spring Cleaning Project: Series 2


The Spring-cleaning continues in my apartment today. It’s rainy in New York and the perfect day to get things done around the home. I repotted baby aloe leaves with roots that had been pushed off of my giant aloe plant, hopefully I can grow them like their mom, big and robust. Back to Spring-cleaning now…

I was cleaning out and found a pair of old glasses, not knowing what to do with them I started doing some online research. I found a great organization to donate them to: Unite For Sight. I urge you to think for a second, do you have any old reading, distance or sunglasses lying around that you don’t use? Donate them!

Unite For Sight is an organization that’s been working hard since it’s inception in 2000. The foundation sponsors eye surgeries across 3 continents, Africa, Asia and North America. So far they have aided in 12,144 sight restoring cataract surgeries. They also provide treatment for eye infections and diseases. They have a huge team of 4,000 volunteers, including doctors, nurses, students and public health professionals. They need donates of eyeglasses and sunglass. You can donate your glasses by going to their site, filling out a small form, they will then email you an address to ship. This is a great way to reduce your impact on the earth while helping someone else out in the process.

www.uniteforsight.org


Image:(image.orientaltrading.com)

No comments: