Search This Blog

Green Time

I recently read the Time magazine cover story "How To Win The War On Global Warming". Pretty good article, and I wanted to share a quote I thought was interesting.

"The U.S. has enjoyed an awfully good run since the middle of the 20th century, a sudden ascendancy that no nation before or since has matched. We could give it up in the early years of the 21st, or we could recognize-as we have before-when a leader is needed and step into that breach ourselves. Going green: What could be redder, whiter and bluer than that?" -Bryan Walsh

Great statement, although I always cringe at the so often seen "leader mentality" that the United States has. It irks me considering many countries have been living much greener than us for years yet we still feel that we need to step up and be a driving force. It's like the United States is that child who needs to think they rule the roost in order to get anything done. Well, I've got to pick my battles.

Oh, and for an article debating the choice of cover image for this Time issue, click on to ecorazzi for more...

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2008/04/18/time-magazine-feeling-the-heat-over-global-warming-cover

(Image: ecorazzi.com)

No comments: