I've recently starting using
I thought what better way to pay homage to who inspires me each day than to feature them all here on my blog, hopefully turning on my readers to the heartbreaking beautiful world there is out there...
Please share your picks and send these onto your friends....I hope I've made some of your lists as well.
* The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond's posts are both hilarious, delicious and full of wit, she says it best when she describes herself "I'm a desperate housewife. I live in the country. I channel Lucille Ball, Vivien Leigh, and Ethel Merman. Welcome to my frontier!" Peruse her visual recipe index for inspiration or simple read her posts for a smile. Here are a few of my favorite posts Blackberry Cheesecake Mexican "Flatbread" Pizza (it's a 16 minute recipe, seriously.) and the ENTIRE Home & Garden section! Damnit Ree, now I'm craving cheesecake!
* Oh Happy Day written by the lovely Jordan Ferney (an event planner and letterpress printer). Oh Happy Day has been bringing happy days to us all since 2006, dishing out inspiration daily. What is it about event planners and stylists who seem to have the best blogs! Here are some recent and darling posts, her painstakingly darling chronicle of her son's first haircut, interiors that she (and I!) are totally inspired by and finally I knew I loved her when I realized we both love inspiration boards.
* A Cup of Jo is one of the blogs that has it all, fashion, design, pretty little things and great writing. I am always inspired by blogger Joanna Goddard! Here are some of my recent favorite posts, her wonderful gift guides including this one titled 'Your Twin Sister Who Loves Hiking by the Ocean and Wept When She Met Your First Baby' (can we talk about the title, love!), her well curated links like this one 'Have a Cozy Weekend' and her latest giveaway, Frye boots (drool, drool).
* Cupcakes and Cashmere Emily Schuman's delightful site featuring all her favorite things, including fashion, travel, food and anything else she deems lovely. She's got a great eye and is painstakingly beautiful and stylish, always has me groaning with envy, in the best way possible. Here are some of my favorite recent posts, her mouth watering post for Cigarette Russes, yum. Gorgeous fashion pics (lovingly taken by her boyfriend) in Toughened up Tutus and her perfectly packaged Five Things.
* DesignSponge run by Brooklyn-based writer Grace Bonney, Design Sponge which launched in 2004 is a website that spotlights all things home and product design. They've got a crackerjack
* Smitten Kitchen oh where do I begin with Deb, the amazing cook, photographer and creator of this site.And I quote "Fearless cooking from a tiny kitchen in New York City" Her recipes come with a story, and that story makes you smile, always. Her food tastes amazing, and is easy to make. She writes to the reader, doling out great tips and advice for properly recreating her recipes. Anytime I want to make something I rush to her site and pray she's got a version of what I'm looking for, and if not, I often scrap my original plan and take on something delicious I never thought about before. Here are a few of the recipes I've made and LOVED. With about 30 handpicked apples I knew I needed a recipe I would love, this one was amazing Breakfast Apple Granola Crisp I'm always searching for the best, and I think I may have found it Crispy Chewy Chocolate Cookies delicious Mushroom Strudels and one of our favorites, Mushroom and Barely Pie
The list continues, believe me, but for now I thought it best to publish what I already had written. I hope you enjoy these women as much as I do. Please pass these on to your mothers, sisters, friends and loved ones.