Search This Blog

LunchSkins: Wrap me Up {Review}




Life is about toting stuff around, from place to place it seems, and now that I've had a baby, I have haul around stuff for 2. It's a lot. One thing I am constantly tucking into my extra large canvas bag are snacks for Juliette, we are often out for hours and hours and I can't rely to buying food wherever I am (nor would I want to drop that kind of cash!). I have only used a few plastic disposable bags since she's been born for her snacks and I'd like to keep it that way, but toting around 4+ mini bpa-free storage containers and snack cups can get bulky to say the least. I'd been looking for some alternative to washing out plastic bags each night to reuse. Then the folks at Lunchskins kindly sent me a reusable sandwich bag to try out, and I am a hooked!

The bags are certified food-safe fabric, are hand sewn right here in the USA and come in a variety of patterns, colors and sizes. They are dishwasher safe,  lead-free and of course bpa-free and phthalate-free. I love their patterns and colors! I've been using it for a few days now and love how easy they are to get into (velcro, tight enough to keep snacks fresh and too tough for my 15 month old to open!) and easy to clean, a swipe of a sponge and it's clean!

They are not just for snacks/food, oh no. They can be used to wrangle up any items  you'd normally toss into a disposable plastic bag (travel sized shampoo and conditioner say!) They make great stocking stuffers too, use them as gift wrap for your small gifts this year! 

Ok, so besides looking super cute and being great for our lives, they are a great gift to the planet. The stats speak for themselves. Each day 20 million (million!) disposable plastic bags are tossed into landfills each year, and that's just in the US alone. Please repeat that outloud to realize the magnitude of that number. 20 million PER DAY. It's time to take the small step to reducing your contribution to that number. Seriously.  They are not online lessening the trash but they give back as well, donating 1% of their online sales profits to C&O Canal Trust, an organization that protects and restores the historic C&O Canal near the nation's capital!

You can buy them at The Container Store, some Whole Foods and on the LunchSkins website, also, click here for more retailer information.

Oh and it's a company run by women, love this.


No comments: