Search This Blog

Huffington Post: Food & Green

I've read a lot of great articles with some thought provoking topics on Huffington Post lately. Love the site! Here are some links to check out during your free time


Organic Food: USDA Asked to Decide if Organic Means Outdoors
I don't know about you, but I'd like my animals to enjoy the outdoors, to feel the sunshine on their backs and take long lazy naps as the sun sets over them. Free-Range and Cage-Free don't necessarily mean they are doing that. Pastured is the label I look for these days. I hope the label organic can one day encompass a certain amount of outdoor time, on grass, in the sunshine.


We Stand United Against GE (Genetically Modified) Alfalfa
Personally I find genetically modified foods creepy and quite scary to the food system. What's going on can't be ignored.

A Food Manifesto For The Future - Mark Bittman (Article on NY Times but found via Huffington Post)
Bittman advocates ending subsidies from the government. Love this. We have wayyyyy too much corn and milk as it is. Stockpiled. Like a whole lot.

The Organic Elite Surrenders to Monsanto: What Now?
Oh, this article made me so sad. People, don't assume because you're buying something from a health food store, and "organic type of store" or a Whole Foods that it isn't laden with chemicals! Do your research and know what you are buying. And ew, Monsanto. bad. bad. bad.



2 comments:

karensomethingorother said...

Hmm..interesting. If I get the chance, I'll check out the links, but yes, it is scary that we buy so much food without questioning its source of origin.

glittergossip said...

This is a really interesting read!
Thanks for the informantion and links.