Search This Blog

Ideas to Reduce Your Trash

I'm always looking for ways to reduce my trash volume, and now with a baby I am produce a whole lot more! Here are some of the ways I try to cut down:

*Use rechargeable batteries
*Reuse my hot coffee holders
*Recycle as much as possible, including taking #5's to my local Whole Foods to be recycled properly
*Saving old jars for candle holders, storage, wine glasses and future baby food containers
*Almost never accept a bag at any store, always bring my own reusable bag
*Bring home trash to recycle instead of tossing (paper receipts, to go containers etc.)
*Never wrap veggies in the bags at the grocery store
*Use cloth napkins and kitchen towels to avoid tossing paper towels & napkins
*Buy in bulk when possible
*Having my junk mail reduced (Check out Precycle)
*Have a leftover night to reduce food waste
*Accept & give baby clothes hand-me-downs
*Trade/Sell or donate

Those are just a few of the ways I make my trash a little smaller in volume...

How do you reduce your trash?

No comments: