DIY Beauty: Beet Lip Balm
Straight from my email to you -> NYC Bite daily email sent me a lovely DIY recipe for Beet Lip Balm. I've gotta try this! If it works out I may gift this for the holidays...
Beet Lip Gloss
10 minutes; makes 1/2 ounce
What You Need:
(local and organic whenever possible)
* 1 beet (light-colored red beets yield a red shade; darker ones get you a merlot color)
* 3 drops olive oil
* 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
* 1 capsule of vitamin E oil
* Repurposed lip gloss container or pillbox
1. Remove beet from stem, wash, and chop into 1-inch pieces.
2. Place chopped beet in microwave-safe container and heat on high for 1 minute until it releases juice.
3. Pour beet juice and the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly (add sugar by the teaspoon until it reaches your desired thickness).
4. Empty the finished blend into a small jar, preferably a repurposed lip gloss container. Let the mixture sit for 2-3 hours to thicken, then apply as you like. It'll keep for 6-8 months.