Search This Blog

Juice Me Baby! {Review}




(Image)

Love Heals The World. Sound a little hippy dippy, well yes, but that doesn't take away from the lovely sentiment does it? Love in a bottle, that's closer to the tag line I felt when cracking into my first bottle of juice from Healing Cooler. I don't have a juicer, yet another item my dream kitchen houses (among other things like a brand new blender and a big window box herb garden) so I was lucky enough to have been able to choose my own 6 juices to write this review. I've included a review of my favorites below.

But let's get back to business. Healing Cooler provides such a heartwarming service, you can say feel better  by sending a friend or loved one a set of fresh & raw juices. Replacing get well flowers, yes I think so. Who needs balloons when you can send a set of hand selected fresh juices to boost someone's day? The co-founder of Healing Cooler, Eric Helms, was on of NYC's "juicing pioneers", who hand delivered juices to his loved ones. He realized what a wonderful, loving and nutritious gift this could be. Bam, Healing Cooler is born!

I love when a company has a sweet idea such as this, makes it happen and does it right. Healing Cooler will be on my gift giving list to come, I hope it's on yours too. You can choose sets like 'Immunity' 'Recover' and "Strength', or you can create your own by browsing through the list of ingredients and their benefits.



Pear + Mint:
Ingredients: pear, mint
Benefits: pears have an amazing spectrum of vitamins (A, B-1, B-2, C, folic acid and niacin) as well as phosphorus, potassium and soluble fiber which supports the bladder, liver and bowels. Mint is an excellent stomach soother and digestive.
Review: Delicious flavor, could guzzle this one. The mint was not as overpowering as I had predicted (I'm not a huge mint fan myself, in fact I once ordered a mohito and asked them to hold the mint, I at the time did not know a mohito came with mint in it. So when I saw the bartender muddling up some fresh mint, I kindly asked it to be omitted, to which he looked at me quite funny. My friends then cleared up the cause of the odd stare for me, oops!).


Carrot Apple Beet
Ingredients: carrot, apple, beet, lemon
Benefits: the dark pink color of beets comes from betalain, a plant nutrient that has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and detoxifying effects. Carrots give a super boost of Vitamin A and powerful antioxidants. Apples pack a power punch of Vitamin C and antioxidant nutrients.
Review: Ok, this one was a little too 'Beet-y' for me. but when I read how wonderful it is for me I knew I had to power through. I mean all those antioxidants and detoxifying benefits! And I admit, I kept drinking it throughout the day, and it totally grew on me!


Pineapple Kiwi
Ingredients: pineapple, kiwi
Benefits: pineapple helps digestion and contains bromelain, an anti-inflammatory agent that helps fight heart disease and arthritis, as well as mineral manganese, essential to energy production and cell protection. Kiwi is packed with Vitamin C, potassium and beta-carotene.
Review: Oh, my love for pineapple is validated once again, and the kiwi adds a luscious flavor. Everyone around me seems to be battling a cold or flu, so extra Vitamin C, yes please. My daughter Juliette loved this one!

Not only are these juices good for your body, they are a company that is good for the planet. They source local and organic produce (score!), they compost their fruit/veggie waste and ship their darling bottles in 100% biodegradable boxes that double as a cooler. Oh and you can keep the cute ice pack, so when you pack your lunch you can keep it night and cool.

Don't wait for someone to gift these to you, gift them to yourself!





6 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent review! Loved the story about the Mojito! I may have to try the pineapple one soon myself, Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Seeing that you’re a green advocate (and blogger) I wanted to reach out and see if you were interested in an article that I recently have written. It's on the Olympics and the steps they're taking to go green and decrease the environmental impact that it has. While sports is something far from the topic of your blog, I think that you will find it interesting and informative, and not overwhelming on the sports content, besides a few facts on the last Olympics, it is primarily about the Olympics going Green.

I'm looking to spread awareness of the fact that even though the Olympic Games are fantastic and unifying, they are it's quite a carbon-rich event and are not that environmentally sound. I think you and your readers of (http://urbanbranches.blogspot.com/) will find it a unique topic and a fun read.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry! my name is Nerissa and my email address is nerdbarry@gmail.com :)

Laura said...

I love raw juice and am lucky enough to have my own juicer. Much as I love the fresh stuff, sometimes I don't have all the veggies on hand or am just too lazy to clean the juicer out after use... So these sound like a great way to get some juice the lazy way! Delicious and nutritious too! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to try some of these for myself!

Baby review said...

This was a wonderful review. I plan to try Carrot Apple Beet.http://www.vivamagonline.com/index.php Very healthy and best collections. Im very much glad to visit your blog. Your making a wonderful work. I like it.

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it! The carrot apple beet was lovely. enjoy!