Search This Blog

The Hungry Caterpillar says Love Episencial


If you're like me and have a sweet little baby in your care, you slather them with sunscreen every time you step their little toe into the sun. I have a treasure trove of sunscreens for Juliette, 1 in her room, 1 in the diaper bag, 1 in my bag in case I don't use the diaper bag ... anyway...you get my point. sun protection matters! Using a product you like matters too, not just for vanities sake, but because it really works and makes life easier + healthier. I have had a few sunscreens that go on nice, but end up taking forever to absorb and leave an icky white reside, turning my sweet olive skinned darling into a pale, ghostly version of herself. no thanks.

The lovely folks at Episencial sent me their sunscreen kit to try out and just in time too cause I was getting low on my diaper bag tube! I've used the Sunny Sunscreen SPF 35 twice already and have really liked it, it's thin enough to rub in quickly, doesn't have any scent and rubs in without too much of a white reside, plus it doesn't have the Oxybenzone sunscreen ingredient we've all heard so much about (and if not please take a moment and Google the ingredient and see for yourself.) Sunny Sunscreen is full of Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide as your sweeties sun fighting power! What more, it's SPF 35 and has nourishing organic sesame, safflower and avocado oils to help keep the skin supple and soft. And while we know water resistant creams are best for our wee ones (as they run in and out of sprinklers, pools and sweat up a storm) we don't need the chemicals that provide that bonus do we? Instead Sunny Sunscreen uses beeswax and organic shea butter to help increase the natural water resistance. Like magic right.

Their founder, Kim Walls created an entire product line including this awesome sunscreen all with the sweet illustrations from Eric Carle. You're sweetie will perk up at the sight of their darling bottles + tubes. Products include balms, bubble baths, foaming wash + soothing cream.

Products are sold at Target last I checked, but I am sure you can find out more right here. I think I'll be picking up some Sweet Dreams Bubble Bath next time I run to Target. Juliette doesn't know yet, but a fun, soothing and sweet bath is on it's way...

No comments: